Instant Access to your General Assembly.

You can now access our most requested information quickly, all in one place.

Track a 2024 Regular Session Bill

Enter a Bill Number:

Examples: hb1, sj2, hr* Bill Text Search | Session Tracking | Legislative Information System

Chambers' Status

House of Delegates:
House recessed at 11:07 a.m. pursuant to the provisions of HJR 6001

Senate of Virginia:
The Senate recessed at 6:44 PM on July 1, 2024.

Member Listings

House Member Listings

Senate Member Listings

Who's My Legislator? Service

Need to contact your legislators? The Who's My Legislator? service is an online tool where the public at-large can determine what legislators represent them. Users can enter their home address or use map based navigation to see their Virginia House and Senate representatives, as well as those in the U.S. House and Senate.

Search Information and Virginia Legislation

Related Content / FAQs Tips

Q:Where is the Virginia State Capitol Building?
A:The Capitol is located in Richmond, VA, near the Broad Street exit off of I-95. The physical address is 1000 Bank Street Richmond, VA 23219. For specific directions, please call (804) 698-1788 or see our visitor information for details.
Q:Where does the General Assembly meet?
A:House and Senate subcommittee and committee meetings typically occur in the General Assembly Building and Capitol Building extension. Daily floor sessions are held in the respective chambers on the second floor of the Capitol Building. Information is available that provides information on public entrances to these buildings.
Q:Where do I park to visit the Capitol?
A:There are many paid parking lots and decks in downtown Richmond. Please see our Directions & Parking content for more information.
Q:Is the Capitol accessible for visitors with special needs?
A:The Capitol and General Assembly Building are both ADA compliant. See more about accessibility.
Q:Can we bring in food from an outside vendor for our meeting?
A:Any meetings with food or beverage service must be approved by the House or Senate Clerk. Upon approval, you will be required to make all food and beverage arrangements directly with Meriwether Godsey. Meriwether Godsey is the exclusive caterer for meetings/events in the Capitol.
Q:Is flash photography allowed in the Capitol?
A:Flash photography is allowed everywhere in the Capitol, except in the House and Senate galleries during the daily floor sessions. A policy to guide the use of photography and/or filming areas in the State Capitol is also available.
Q:I have a condition that will not allow me to go through a magnetometer. May I still enter the building?
A:Yes. Please share this information with Capitol Police personnel at the entrance and they will assist you with entry into the building while respecting your medical condition and ensuring that the Capitol maintains a safe and secure atmosphere for our members, staff, and visitors.
Q:Does the café provide vegetarian, vegan, and/or gluten-free options?
A:Yes, upon request.
Q:What is the film, Keepers of the Flame, and when and where can I watch it?
film explores Virginia's rich history and the people involved in shaping its history.
Q:I would like to hold my school dance/wedding/class reunion in the Capitol, is this possible?
A:In order to respect the historical nature and decorum of the Capitol; school dances, weddings, and class reunions may not be held in the Capitol.
Q:Does the Virginia Shop provide special order items?
A:Speak to the manager on duty in the shop who will provide you with more information on the items that are available for special order.
Q:Will the Virginia Shop ship my purchases to my home?
A:Yes. Please speak to the manager on duty in the shop who will assist you.

General Assembly Building Move News

New Location, Directions & More

@vahouse and @vasenate X / twitter.

Search Legislation with LIS

What's This?

Enter a Bill Number: